Please note: Application deadline extended to Friday, March 8, 2019
2019 First Illinois Chapter HFMA Scholarship
The First Illinois Chapter of HFMA (“the Chapter”) is proud to announce its 13thannual scholarship program for its members and their children seeking higher education. Scholarship recipients are chosen by the Scholarship Selection Committee made up of representatives from the Chapter.
The Chapter is pleased to award five scholarships – one for $5,000, one for $4,000 and three for $2,000. The First Illinois HFMA application cycle is as follows:
- First Illinois HFMA applications can be downloaded from the First Illinois Chapter website – http://www.firstillinoishfma.org/
- All applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2019
- All applications should be mailed to: Vincent Pryor, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Boulevard, New Lenox, IL 60451
- All scholarships will be awarded no later than May 31, 2019
The eligibility requirements for applicants for the 2019-2020 academic year are as follows:
- Applicants must attend or plan to attend an accredited college, university or proprietary/trade school
- High School Seniors and Undergraduate students are eligible to apply
- Only one scholarship per student will be awarded during their lifetime
- First Illinois Chapter HFMA members and their children are eligible for scholarships
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
The application consists of six parts: the application, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, two letters of reference, an essay/testimonial, academic transcripts and an interview with the Selection Committee.
Please note: Scholarship recipients and their parents will be recognized at the annual installation event and awards ceremony in July, 2019.
Please direct any questions to Vince Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 300-7011.