Website The Carle Foundation
The Tax Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, oversight, and associated related responsibilities of the tax compliance and filing functions for all non-health insurance related entities of The Carle Foundation. These activities include annual Internal Revenue Service tax filings for multiple exempt entities, state tax filings for multiple states, property tax filings, and other related activities including tax research and management of tax vendor relationships. Other responsibilities include preparation and reporting of assigned monthly financial statement components and related accounting and financial activities.
Bachelors of Accounting or Bachelors of Finance required; Master of Business Administration or Master of Business Administration with a tax concentration, preferred.
Five (5) years of Carle accounting, financial systems or analysis experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent capacity, OR Six (6) years of relevant healthcare experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent capacity, OR Eight (8) years of relevant non-healthcare experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent capacity, OR five (5) years of health care tax experience at a Senior Accountant level. Income tax preparation is required as delineated within specialized knowledge and skills noted below.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Candidates should possess solid communication, technology, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills including effective knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Experience in income tax preparation is required with preferred emphasis in not-for-profit tax preparation. The position also requires a high degree of professional collaboration in a team environment including project management skills and successfully meeting tax filing deadlines. Knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code is necessary. Must have an advanced knowledge of Excel functions and be able to create new reports in various mediums. These include the use of personal computer software.
Essential Standard Job Function
- Coordination of the federal and state income tax returns preparation process including the annual Form 990 and Form 990T for not-for-profit organizations in addition to other non-health insurance for-profit entity returns. This also includes the general compiling, documenting, monitoring, and review of Form 990 inputs.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations by facilitating and filing returns and tax payments.
- Responds to related tax correspondence by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues and recommends tax strategies.
- Prepares and leads annual FIN48 compliance review.
- An organizational resource for tax education and support, collaboration with consultants related to not-for-profit federal and state income tax returns, and coordination of audits as necessary.
- Preparation and filing of state and local taxes (SALT).
- Review, validate and if necessary correct incoming financial data to ensure its integrity for accurate financial reporting.
- Assess and enhance internal controls to ensure parameters are in place to minimize financial reporting risk and improprieties.
- Continual growth in job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications, and
- Responsible for other areas of GAAP accounting/financial reporting May also assist with non-assigned specialty areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Finance and Tax Manager
Administrators, vice presidents, directors, managers, finance division associates, internal auditors
External auditors, third party intermediaries, consultants
To apply for this job email your details to Karla.firstname.lastname@example.org