Website Swedish Covenant Physician Partners
The Financial & Risk Analyst is responsible for Swedish Covenant Physician Partners (SCPP) financial data analytics, including modeling and evaluation of various provider and payer reimbursement models, physician and hospital incentive programs and other reimbursement models. Coordinates with SCH Finance/Accounting staff related to financial statement reporting and accounts payable functions. Assists AVP with development of annual budget and for monitoring expenses against budget. Participates in quality improvement initiatives and information systems projects.
1. Monitors reinsurance claims and subrogation processes.
2. Collaborates with other departments, staff and management to identify issues and recommends effective, timely solutions as they arise.
3. Coordinates with SCH Finance/Accounting staff to ensure timely financial statement reporting.
4. Monitors revenue and expenses against budget and forecasted performance for health plan contracts.
5. Manages the development of key reports for timely reporting of progress related to SCPP financial and operating performance.
6. Responsible for annual updates of policies and procedures to support SCPP financial operations function.
7. Responsible for ensuring all reports are submitted to health plans in accordance with contractual requirements.
8. Manages forecasting activities assessing opportunities via business modeling, analysis and decision support to drive improved performance for SCPP.
9. Responsible for compiling and reporting key weekly, monthly, and quarterly statistics for SCPP.
10. Works with AVP to prepare the annual budget and prepare financial forecasts.
11. Manages operating costs of SCPP by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities to improve performance of SCPP.
12. Attends SCPP Board of Directors and Contracting and Finance Committee meetings.
13. Performs all other designated assignments as required.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related business degree is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in financial operations within a healthcare organization, with three (3) years of demonstrated progressive work experience within an IPA/PHO preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing capitation and Medicare full-risk payment is preferred.
- Experience working with Quick CAP or similar information technology to support IPA/PHO operations desired.
- Knowledge and experience with spreadsheets, databases, report-writing software and graphical display of quantitative information.
- Must possess excellent data analytical and trouble shooting skills. Excellent oral and written communications abilities are required.
- Experience working with physicians and leadership with proven results to meet established goals and timeframes.
- Knowledge of Medicare rules and regulations, state and federal laws governing IPA/PHO’s.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and ability to collaborate well with others within the organization.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Ability to work independently and resourcefully and communicate effectively with all levels of management, physicians and vendor personnel.
- Primary body position at work is sitting.
- Infrequent lifting, carrying or moving of information systems equipment or supplies under 50 lbs.
- Repetitive activities are; typing, phone use and viewing of video display devices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification and the specific functions of the individual occupying the position of JOB SUMMARY
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org