Northwest Community Hospital
1. Takes the lead in gathering and reporting various performance statistics for all hospital areas. Will run reports out of EPIC and the Decision Support System to gather information. Will also work with various departments around the hospital to collect statistics not available through these automated tools. Will work with the Accounting and Financial Analysis team to ensure reporting of NCH statistics are accurately reflected in financial systems used by both teams.
2. Assists in developing, generating, and maintaining benchmark scorecards, trend and variance reports, and other requested output from the organization on both an ad-hoc as well as an ongoing basis. Defines and organizes data against established benchmarks and identifies / recommends changes as appropriate.
3. Works with the Budget Labor Manager to verify financial metrics used in Position Control meetings on a bi-weekly basis. Will be a liaison with the NCH recruiting team when new positions are requested by NCH leadership. Will assist with labor data research and will work with NCH department leaders to answer questions as they arise regarding labor financials.
4. Works with the Financial Analysis team to maintain and audit the clinical and financial cost accounting and case mix Decision Support System. Understands the cost allocation process; monitors the NCH Charge Description Master (CDM) for new/changed charge codes, and ensures that new/revised cost standards are developed as appropriate. Assists with regular and ad-hoc cost accounting reports as requested.
5. Assists with the budget process. Interacts with NCH leaders and financial representatives; creates models for departments to use in preparation and calculation of budget. Prepares budget data including salaries, FTEs, operating expenses, and balance sheets through the use of specialized budget software and complex computer spreadsheets; loads, audits and validates data. Assists in the preparation of detailed budget reports and presentations for Senior Management.
6. Assists in the development of additional tools, such as spreadsheet models, that will enable managers to operate more effectively. This includes the use and preparation of financial long-range plans using the Kaufman-Hall Hospital Advisor and other Software.
7. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies and procedures.
2. Three years of previous experience doing healthcare related budget or financial planning in a decision support environment required.
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
4. Demonstrated ability to work closely with senior management, both clinical and financial, management, and technical staff to accomplish desired results.
5. The analytical and technical accounting skills necessary to prepare and evaluate financial and statistical data.
6. The ability to perform very detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
7. The communication skills necessary to instruct/lead less senior staff and/or non-financial end-user customers in each of the major functional area outlined above.
8. The interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization, with a strong commitment to meeting customer needs.
9. The written and verbal skills necessary to convey information in a clear and concise manner and provide documentation on work performed.
10. Excellent computer skills with the ability to create sophisticated spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
1. Requires very little physical effort. Rarely required to walk or stand for prolonged periods. May require occasional lifting or moving lightweight material, or rarely lifting or moving average weight material.
2. The flow of work and character of duties involves normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination.
1. Typical office working conditions. Absence of disagreeable elements. Probability of injury is remote.
To apply for this job please visit nch.taleo.net.