Website Advocate Health Care
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Includes 1 year of supervisory experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, modeling, and planning.
- Excellent communication skills essential in order to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial staff and leadership.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) or similar products.
- Ability to use accounting and financial software, systems, and data retrieval techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
Manages financial and business functions activities related to coordinating budget activities, forecasting processes, financial modeling, and benchmarking as well as defining operating performance measures. Assists leadership in the financial oversight and implementation of operations improvements, and provides education on financial implications.
- Coordinates, compiles and reviews the operating and capital expenditure budgets, both annually and for long range planning to achieve desired goals and objectives. Develops and refines budgeting techniques to provide leadership with optimum financial control and planning tools.
- Provides consultation to operating departments on financial modeling and forecasting to establish and maintain financial and budgetary accountability.
- Analyzes data and offers recommendations to senior leadership, which are in line with Advocate Aurora Health’s strategic vision and objectives. Educates leadership on potential implications, identifies key issues, and assists with the interpretation of data and information.
- Identifies and benchmarks financial opportunities and trends using business and industry as well as competitive analysis. Works with operational leadership to implement operational improvements.
- Manages the preparation of financial reporting used to assess and present operational and financial performance. Completes and presents reporting for senior leadership through original work and consolidation of other analyses.
- Serves as a liaison between operations leadership and financial services for the following: system financial services system accounting regarding preparation of the financial statements and resolution of issues system patient financial services regarding patient billing issues and corporate compliance.
- Ensures compliance with financial regulatory and payer requirements.
- Interprets and enforces system, region, and entity policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of financial functions and department operations.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization’s business.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
To apply for this job please visit jobs.advocatehealth.com.