Dear Fellow Friends and Colleagues,
I realize that the weather outside sure doesn’t feel like Fall, but believe it or not, technically we’re still in Fall! If you’re like me, you already have your eye on the holidays which are right around the corner as well as the accompanying year-end processes.
We’ve had a busy and very engaging Fall thus far…more than 60 members came out for our Bears vs. Vikings Networking event, where thankfully the Bears won (Go Bears)!!! For many attendees this was their first chapter event. Everyone had a great time making new friends while cheering on the Bears. Thank you to Ann Peterson, event chair, Kim Wedster and Eileen Crow for a fantastic event! Registration proceeds were donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. At the Fall Summit, we presented a representative from Ronald McDonald House Charites with a check for over $1,000.MORE
There are several ways to become engaged with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana. They have individual or group volunteer opportunities which include organizing a group (5-20) to cook lunch or dinner at one of their 5 Houses…or a smaller group (2-5) to bake cookies & cupcakes in the afternoon. These are all great for team bonding/employee engagement and also serve a tremendous benefit to the families. Companies can also organize a Wish List Drive and deliver the donated items to their local house.
Our Fall Summit was just a few weeks ago. I have to say, having been around for the past 12+ years, this was by far the best FIHFMA event I’ve ever attended. Congratulations to the entire committee led by Rich Schefke, Eileen Crow and Brian Pavona—phenomenal job and the attendees agree—Fall Summit evaluation scores were 35% higher than past years!
We also recognized several long-time members and volunteers with Bronze, Gold and Medal of Honor awards at the Fall Summit, thank you to all these deserving recipients for your years of service to the First Illinois Chapter of HFMA:
Service Award Recipients recognized at the Fall Summit Past Presidents Luncheon included:
- The William G. Follmer Bronze Award Recipient: Brian J. Pavona
- The Robert H. Reeves Silver Award Recipient: Lana Dubinsky
- The Founders Medal of Honor Recipients: Laurence (Larry) S. Appel, CPA, FHFMA and Patrick (Pat) M. Moran
We piloted recording many of this year’s Fall Summit keynote sessions, with a longer-term goal of offering greater ways to access the events. By adopting more technology, we’ll be able to meet more of our members where you are. We are now able to share those recorded Fall Summit keynote sessions and panels with you. If for example, you want to make sure your full team hears the Illinois Hospital Association (IHA) presentation State of Illinois: Update on Healthcare Legislative and Policy Matters in the Land of Lincoln, now you can – we have individual ($15) and enterprise level ($75) access available, please click here to gain access.
Here are some upcoming events to make note of:
- Dec 5 – 2019 Holiday Party benefitting The Boulevard, 6:00-8:00pm @ The Bar 10 Doors – 1251 W. Taylor Street. For more information and to register, click here.
- December 5-6 – There’s an HFMA two-day deep dive educational seminar being held in Chicago, for more details click here. First Illinois members receive a 20% discount, use code: ADCHAP when registering.
- December 11 – CHFP Webinar 12:00-12:30pmCST. Are you interested in becoming a Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)? The CHFP is a unique certification offered by Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). Click here to learn more.
- January – Membership networking event to be held downtown after work (currently being planned now)
- February 6 – First Illinois Chapter HFMA & Chicago Health Executive Forum (CHEF) ‘s 2020 Managed Care Symposium
- February 28 – CHFP Webinar 12:00-12:30pmCST . Click here to learn more.
- March—Chapter Planning Meeting. This meeting is open to all members. Please stay tuned for details. I want to encourage you to attend and contribute to the future of our chapter and where we focus our resources.
- March—Revenue Cycle 201
- April—Accounting & Reimbursement
As a reminder, your HFMA membership is an “All Access” membership. This will allow you full access to online education, certification and content at no additional expense. We have many resources to support your certification pursuit via our certification committee, for more details, click here or contact our Certification co-chairs Connor Loftus firstname.lastname@example.org or Stu Schaff email@example.com
Please feel free to contact me throughout the year if you wish to volunteer, have questions, or would like to offer suggestions that could enhance our members’ experience. Your engagement is critical to our future and will help as we work to become your financial professional association of choice.
First Illinois Chapter HFMA
Search Our Site
Director of Business Development
VP - Access Solutions
(630) 916-8818 x234